Angelo Reyes was the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Chief of Staff from 2000 to 2001 under President Joseph Estrada. At the height of the 2001 EDSA Revolution, Reyes withdrew his support for Estrada which led to the installation of Vice President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo as president, under whom he then served as cabinet secretary until to 2010, including with the portfolios of National Defense and Energy.
Reyes ran for Congress under the United Transport Coalition (1-UTAK), a party representing workers in the public transportation sector, on the 2010 party-list election but was dropped by his party without his consent that led to litigation which was still ongoing at the time of his death. A week after being accused of corruption while being AFP chief of staff, Reyes died due to a gunshot wound in an apparent suicide.
Reyes was married to Teresita P. Reyes with whom he has five sons, Pablo, Angelito, Marc, Carlo and Judd.
- Philippine Armed Forces Chief-of-staff : 2000 – 2001
- Philippine Secretary of Defense : 2001–2003
- Philippine Secretary of Interior and Local Government : 2004–2006
- Philippine Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources : 2006–2007
- Philippine Secretary of Energy : 2007–2010
- Born : March 17, 1945
- Place of Birth : Manila, Philippines
- Died : February 8, 2011, Marikina, Philippines
- Religion : Roman Catholic