Lucio Tan, Jr. is one of the sons of Filipino-Chinese tycoon Lucio Tan. He is currently the Chairman, MacroAsia Corporation.
Bong together with his brother Mike Tan studied in China’s prestigious Beijing University for two years of intensive Mandarin studies and they had to write a Chinese-language letter to their father Lucio Tan every month. They both lived in the spartan university dormitory for Chinese scholars, not the dorm for foreign students.
After going to Beijing University, the athletic Bong Tan later went on to study at the University of California, Davis in the US, where he would meet his Taiwanese Chinese wife. In UC-Davis, Bong studied a triple major on civil engineering, mathematics and linguistics (specializing in Ancient Chinese Classics and Mandarin). Both Bong and Mike support their father’s Tan Yan Kee Foundation named in memory of their late grandfather, and which focuses on education and public health causes.
- Name: Lucio Khao Tan,Jr
- Nickname: Bong
- Father: Lucio Tan
- Schools Attended:
- Dunman High School, Singapore
- Beijing University, China
- Civil engineering, Mathematics and Linguistics, University of California, USA
- Board of Director, Tanduay holdings Inc.
- Director, PAL Holdings, Inc.
- Director, Eton Properties Philippines, Inc.
- Chairman, MacroAsia Corporation
- Executive Vice President of Fortunte Tobacco Corprotion
- Executive Vice President of Foremost Farms, Inc.
- Director, Philippine National Bank, 2007-Present
- Executive Director, Dynamic Holdings Ltd., 1997-Present
- Director, Philippine Airlines, Inc.