Michael G. Tan is one of the sons of Filipino-Chinese tycoon Lucio Tan. he is currently the Chairman of Domecq Asia Brands.
Mike together with brother Lucio Tan Jr. studied in China’s prestigious Beijing University for two years of intensive Mandarin studies and they had to write a Chinese-language letter to their father Lucio Tan every month. They both lived in the spartan university dormitory for Chinese scholars, not the dorm for foreign students.
Mike later studied civil engineering at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada where he would meet his future wife Angeline “Angie” Ng, daughter of Federation of Filipino-Chinese Chambers of Commerce & Industry Inc. (FFCCCII) past president and steel magnate John K. C. Ng.
- Nmae: Michael G. Tan
- Father: Lucio Tan
- Wife: Angeline “Angie” Ng
- Schools Attended:
- Dunman High School, Singapore
- Beijing University, China
- Civil Engineering, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
- Board of Director, Tanduay holdings Inc.
- Director, PAL Holdings, Inc.
- Director, Eton Properties Philippines, Inc.
- Director, Philippine Airlines, Inc.
- Chief Operating Officer of Asia Brewery Inc