Timothy Zachery Mosley, better known by his stage name Timbaland, is an American Grammy Award-winning record producer, singer and rapper. Timbaland’s first full credit production work was in 1996 on Ginuwine…the Bachelor for R&B singer Ginuwine. After further successful work on Aaliyah’s 1996 album One in a Million and Missy Elliott’s 1997 album Supa Dupa Fly, Timbaland became a prominent producer for R&B and hip-hop artists. Initially he released several albums with his partner and fellow rapper Magoo.
Timbaland’s plagiarism controversy occurred in January 2007, when several news sources reported that Timbaland was alleged to have plagiarized several elements (both motifs and samples) in the song "Do It" on the 2006 album Loose by Nelly Furtado without giving credit or compensation. The song itself was released as the fifth North American single from Loose on July 24, 2007.
In 2008, Timbaland helped produce many albums for various artists that include Sean Paul’s Imperial Blaze, Madonna’s Hard Candy, Brandy’s Human, Ashlee Simpson’s Bittersweet World, Keri Hilson’s In A Perfect World, Flo Rida’s Mail On Sunday, Letoya Luckett’s Lady Love, Lindsay Lohan’s Spirit in the Dark, Chris Cornell’s Scream, JoJo’s All I Want Is Everything, Nicole Scherzinger’s Her Name is Nicole, Missy Elliott’s Block Party, Matt Pokora’s MP3, Keithian’s Dirrty Pop, The Pussycat Dolls’s Doll Domination, Busta Rhymes’s B.O.M.B, Lisa Maffia’s Miss Boss, Teairra Mari’s Pressed For Time, Jennifer Hudson’s debut album, Dima Bilan’s Believe , Samantha Jade’s, My Name Is Samantha Jade, New Kids on the Block’s The Block and Keshia Chanté’s new Album.
Timbaland began working on the sequel to Shock Value in July 2008. In March 2009, he filed a lawsuit against his label, Blackground Records, alleging that they attempted to blackball him after he decided to move from music performance into production. A fake track listing appeared online later in 2009 suggesting that the album would feature Madonna and Akon collaborations amongst others.
In September 2009, Timbaland announced that Shock Value II will be released on November 23 in Europe and November 24 in North America. However it was pushed back to December 8, preceded by the first single which features a new recording artist named SoShy and Nelly Furtado entitled "Morning After Dark". New featured guest appearances on the album include DJ Felli Fel, Justin Timberlake, JoJo, Drake, Chad Kroeger, Sebastian, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Esthero, The Fray, Jet, Daughtry, OneRepublic, Attitude and D.O.E.. The album also features Brandy Norwood who appears as her new alter-ego, the rapper Bran’Nu.
- Real name : Timothy Zachery Mosley
- Born : March 10, 1971
- Origin : Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
- Genres : Hip Hop, R&B, Pop, Rock,
- Occupations : Record producer, songwriter, singer, musician, rapper
- Instruments : Guitar, bass guitar, mandolin, keyboards, rapping, vocals, beatboxing, vocoder, drums
- Years active : 1993–present
- Labels : Blackground Records; Mosley Music Group; Interscope Records
- Associated acts : Timbaland & Magoo, OneRepublic, Justin Timberlake, Nelly Furtado, Brandy Norwood, Missy Elliott, Aaliyah, SoShy, Keri Hilson, 50 Cent, Jay-Z, D.O.E, Duran Duran, Ginuwine
- Website : Timbalandmusic.com
- 1998: Tim’s Bio: Life from da Bassment
- 2007: Shock Value
- 2009: Shock Value II
- 1997: Welcome to Our World (with Magoo)
- 2001: Indecent Proposal (with Magoo)
- 2003: Under Construction, Part II (with Magoo)