Tomas I. Alcantara has been Chairman and President of the Company since August 2001. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from the Ateneo de Manila University, an MBA from Columbia University, USA and attended the Advanced Management Program (AMP) of the Harvard Business School. He is presently the Chairman and President of Alsons Development and Investment Corp., Sarangani Agricultural Co., Inc., and other various companies in the Alcantara Group (2001). He also serves as President (1996) and as Chairman (2001) of Lima Land, Inc. He is also a Director of Holcim Philippines, Inc. (formerly Union Cement Corporation) (2003), Manila Economic & Cultural Office (MECO) (2001), and Public Estate Authority (2003). He is a member of the Advisory Board of Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC) (1997), and a Trustee of both the European IT Service Center Foundation (2002) and the Foundation for Revenue Enhancement (2004).
Mr. Alcantara was the Chairman and President of Alsons Cement Corporation from May 1997 to July 2003 and has served as its Director since 1997. He likewise served as the Undersecretary for the Industry & Investment Group of the Department of Trade and Industry, and the Vice Chairman and Managing Head of the Board of Investments from July 1986 to March 1995. He was also the Special Envoy of the Philippine President to APEC in 1996.
- Name: Tomas Alcantara
- School Attended:
- MBA, Columbia University
- BS, Ateneo de Manila University
- Siblings: 5
- Editha I. Alcantara
- Alejandro I. Alcantara
- Nicasio I. Alcantara
- Holcim Philippines, Inc., Director
- PhilWeb Corp., Independent Director and Member of Nominations Committee
- Alsons Consolidated Resources, Inc., Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, President, Chairman of Nomination Committee, Chairman of Compensation Committee and Chairman of Executive Committee
- Rizal Commercial Banking Corp., Former Member of the Advisory Board and Member of Corporate Governance Committee